One of my favorite aspects of the blogosphere is that it fosters community in ways that are totally unique from the real world. I know that many of you who read here are people I know in real life (hi Mom!), but others of you know me simply through this space—and that’s awesome!
To help you get to know me a little better, and to give ME a chance to know more about YOU, I like to have these little Happy Hour conversations every few months. I put out a few questions, answer them myself, and encourage you to answer too. This instillation of Happy Hour questions is summer/vacation themed. Here’s what I’d love to know:
1. Would you rather spend your summer vacationing at a cabin in the mountains, or a condo by the beach?
Definitely a cabin in the mountains. I’m not a big fan of the beach.
2. Did you attend summer camp when you were a child?
YES! I attended church camp every summer from third grade through my senior year in high school. In elementary school, the camp was in the mountains, except for the one year when we went to a camp on Catalina island. In Jr. High and High School, our camps were called “retreats” and were in Palm Springs, California. (Yes, in August. It was as hot as it sounds.)
3. What is your favorite way to pass the time on a road trip?
Audiobooks or podcasts, of course! When I was growing up our family looked forward to listening to the latest Adventures in Odyssey CDs on our long trips.
4. What is the best (or most memorable) summer vacation you have ever taken?
I had the opportunity to take several awesome cruises with my parents and brother during the summers when I was in high school and college. It’s hard to pick a favorite; it’s a toss up between Bermuda, the Mediterranean, and a river cruise through Germany.
5. What’s your favorite summertime treat?
This summer, it’s frozen yogurt (preferably the Angel Food Cake flavor!) from Menchie’s.
6. Where did you go on your honeymoon? If you aren’t married, what is your dream honeymoon destination?
We spent a week on Catalina island, followed by a weeklong Mexican Riviera cruise gifted to us by my grandmother.
7. What is your favorite summertime movie (either a movie set during the summer, or just one that you like to watch in summer)?
Now it’s your turn! Answer one question, or all seven! Feel free to leave your answers here in the Comments, on whatever social media platform that brought you here, or via email. I’m looking forward to hearing your answers!