Popping in today for a Special Edition holiday post reflecting on all I have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. My full list would be long enough to break the internet, so here’s a snapshot, in no particular order.
1) For my smokin’ hot husband who is patient with my mood swings, encourages my dreams, and dotes on our son, while working hard to support our family.
2) For my hilarious, affectionate, smart-as-a-whip boy who brings me more joy than I could ever have thought possible (while refining my character more than I realized I needed!), and for the opportunity to spend my days at home with him.
3) For our puppy and the cuteness he brings to our lives; for the spazz he is today, and the great dog I trust he will one day become.
4) For an attentive and caring team of doctors and nurses who are doing all they can to help us realize our dream of growing our family.
5) For my therapist and journal, and all they have done to help me maintain my current state of mental health and clarity.
6) For parents who gave me the best start in life and continue to show me more love than I deserve.
7) For a brother who loves to keep me humble with his teasing, but is also my greatest cheerleader.
8) For in-laws who raised an amazing son and who love me as a daughter.
9) For great friends who challenge and support me, and help me know that I’m not alone.
10) For our church and its heart for leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus.
11) For food in my pantry, a roof over my head, gasoline in my car, clean water pouring through our pipes, and the scent of a vanilla candle wafting through my house as I type this.
12) For cozy blankets, fuzzy slippers, and fleece-lined leggings that keep me from turning into an icicle each winter.
13) For strong muscles, healthy lungs, sturdy bones, and a body that serves my daily needs with few complaints.
14) For the written word, and for all the joy and wisdom I glean through books.
15) For majestic mountains, cloud-studded skies, brightly-hued flowers, and roaring ocean waves that speak to the creativity and magnificence of our Creator.
16) For the hard times, and for the good times too, that have made me into the woman I am today.
17) For a devoted Heavenly Father who is gracious and merciful, abounding in steadfast love, who bestows good gifts upon me, who knows my future and is patient with me when I fall short of trusting Him, and who welcomes me daily into His loving arms.
18) For this space, where I can write through my joy and my tears, and rest fully in who I am and who I am becoming.
Bonus Number 19) For you who read here, for taking the time to receive my words and encourage me on my journey.
I hope you will join me in taking some time today to reflect on all that you have to be thankful for. Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving!